Hospitalist Jobs in Columbus
Sunday · September 26, 2021
1 Job in The Arch City
Photo: Panorama view of downtown Columbus from the park.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Columbus) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- The PMD functions as the clinical leader of the program sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent HMG Program Manager (PM).
- Sports fans enjoy Ohio State University and pro sports locally such as hockey, soccer and lacrosse and easy access to the professional sports and amenities of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- The Hospitalist Team provides on-site service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The PMD position is critical to the success of our program within a hospital.
- Additional outstanding services on the hospital campus include OSU Addiction Medicine at Talbot Hall, OSU Vascular Access Center, OSU Wound Healing Center, OSU Rehabilitation Services, OSU Cardiac Rehabilitation Services and Veterans Administration testing services.
- University Hospital East offers full diagnostic services including MRI, CT Scanner, dual head "gamma" camera in nuclear medicine, full service ICU, Pacs Radiology System.
- University Hospital East is an excellent full service hospital representing most major specialties with an emphasis on orthopedic care, family medicine and emergency medicine.
- Experience in hospital medicine.
- The Hospitalist Team provides service response for codes, consultations, inpatient episodic medical care, ICU procedures, unassigned ED.
- Other hospitalist practice opportunities at this site include Ltach, PAT, and Talbot Hall medical screening.
- As the 15th largest metropolitan area (population 1 million) in the United States, Columbus is a thriving city that continues to grow and prosper.
- Essential Functions &.
- The nationally recognized interactive science center "Cosi" and the Columbus Zoo are family favorites that draw many visitors each year.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent HMG Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state.
- The hospital is fully integrated with the information systems of the entire OSU Medical Center health system, including computerized patient records, and computerized physician order entry (Cpoe).
- In addition to on-site Ltach patient care at OSU-East, the practice provides 24/7 in-house coverage at a newly opened 60 bed, free standing Ltach - Select Specialty Hospital in historic Victorian Village.
- Very close to downtown, the Short North area is home to many art galleries, eclectic restaurants, trendy shopping and unique apartments, while German Village offers beautiful old homes and ethnic dining in a safe city neighborhood.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Twelve hour shifts are scheduled from 6:15 AM to 6:15 PM and 6:15 PM to 6:15 AM There is also a swing shift.
- The hospital blends the friendly atmosphere of a small community hospital with all of the advantages of being a part of the academic medical center of the Ohio State University.
- MD or DO degree.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- It serves as host to a thriving downtown business district with terrific shopping, dining and cultural attractions.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent HMG processes, tools, services.
- The Hospitalist Program was started in 1993 and has earned the respect and support of the Administration, Medical Staff and Nursing Staff.
- Together, the PMD and PM are responsible for the performance of the Cogent HMG team and its specific goals.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- Easy access is afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and an excellent park system.
- Performance Management of Cogent HMG Hospitalists.
- Program Medical Director (PMD): Ohio State University East.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- The Ohio State University Hospital East is a 404-bed acute care teaching hospital and is part of the nationally recognized OSU Medical Center health system.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- Hospital Profile.
- Renovations have been completed, which consisted of approximately 15,000 square feet of space devoted to direct patient care, 10,000 square feet for advanced treatment technology, 26 private examination rooms, three triage areas enabling a quicker and more efficient intake process, and a larger waiting area featuring a play space for children.
- Suburban Columbus is a great place to raise a family with a wide variety of housing options plus excellent public and private schools.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- Hospitalist Program Profile.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Jul 22.